Maybe these tips may help you, when trying to identify patterns of bullying or helping your loved one in distress:
- Notice changes in their mood i.e. anger, withdrawn, irritable, quiet.
- Notice and discuss unexplainable injuries
- Notice frequency of headaches, stomach aches, physical symptoms such as nausea.
- Observe patterns of avoidance in attending school, work or social events.
- Observe and note any changes to eating habits i.e. over eating, or not wishing to eat.
- Observe and notice changes to sleep patterns and any nightmares
- Notice negative thinking and the person demonstrating self loathing, or low self esteem or sadness, hopelessness and de-motivated.
Hope this helps you identify some of many signs of bullying, in my awareness section this week. Have you been bullied?
How did it make you feel?
Sending love to all.